We Need Your Help!
A strong and independent National Film and Sound Archive is a vital part of Australia's cultural heritage. It holds our visual and recorded sound history.
The Friends of the NFSA, patrons and members, are well respected in the international film and sound community. They volunteer their time and expertise to support the Archive.
Since 1999, the Friends has been instrumental in achieving:
- Reinstatement of its original name - The National Film and Sound Archive (previously ScreenSound Australia);
- Statutory Authority status for the Archive
- An effective voice for constituency concerns and accountability
- Protection of the Archive's essential role and functions
- A higher profile for the Archive and its activities
We have introduced a small annual membership fee to help support our activities. This fee, however, will not cover all the things we would like to achieve for our members and the Archive. By making a small donation you will be supporting the protection and development of Australia's cultural heritage. Donors will be acknowledged in our Newsletter unless you request otherwise.
Donations will contribute to:
- Improved communications with our members;
- Increased number and variety of activities for members
You can bank deposit to our Bank Australia Account 313140 12141910 with the reference "Donation" or add your donation to your membership renewal or any ticket to a Friends event.